- Conduct ‘On Farm Testing’ (OFT) in farmers’ field for identifying technologies suitable for location specific sustainable land-use systems.
- Organize ‘Frontline Demonstrations’ (FLD) on various crops/livestock to generate production data and feedback.
- Organize training programmes to update the extension personal with recent advances in agricultural research on a regular basis.
- Organize short and long term training courses in Agriculture and allied enterprises for farmers, rural youth and unemployed women with emphasis on “Learning by doing” for higher output and to generate self employment.
- Function as knowledge cum resource centre for agriculture and allied sectors in the district.
- Production of quality seeds and planting materials for distribution among the farmers.
(Training, Technology assessment, Refinement and Demonstration of technologies / products).
The Mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK.
1.On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
2.Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
3.Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
4.To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
5.Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers.
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.